Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Finance for non-financial managers will help managers understand the basics of financial management. This two day course will demonstrate how to read and understand key elements of financial statements and reports, such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. Participants of the Finance for Non-Financial Managers course also learn how to apply basic financial and accounting principles to budget preparation and financial analysis.
Students will be able to:
- Recognize the goals of financial management
- Define key accounting concepts
- Recognize the use and characteristics of a balance sheet
- Recognize the use and characteristics of an income statement
- Identify a cash flow statement and how to use it
- Recognize the use and characteristics of the notes to financial ratios
- Identify the different types of budgets
- Describe the elements necessary to prepare a basic budget
- Identify specific tools for analyzing and benchmarking financial information
- Discuss the time value of money
- Improve communication and build stronger working relationships between finance and non-finance departments.
- Use and understand financial analysis to make better short and long term decisions
Who Should Attend
The Finance for Non-Financial Managers workshop is designed for managers who may not have had formal management training, as well as those who seek to enhance or refresh their managerial knowledge.