Personal Financial Management
In today’s economic environment, managing your personal finances and making smart decisions is more important than ever. This seminar will help you to identify and develop a manageable personal financial plan so you can reach your financial goals. Whether you need to pay off your debt, save for retirement or cut back on living expenses, this seminar will provide you the tools to permanently take control of your finances.
- Develop your own monthly income and living expense schedule
- Analyze your spending habits to improve your money management practices
- Create a personal budget to track your expenses and ensure you are not over spending
- Determine ways you can manage or eliminate debt and improve your credit
- Learn the basics of investing, including which investment is right for you
- Understand how the power of saving will help you reach both your short-term and long-term financial goals.
Who Should Attend: Individuals who are either looking for ways to take control of their finances improve their financial management practices.
Rocco Sabino MBA, CPA
Professor Sabino has over 25 years of domestic and international accounting and financial management experience in the manufacturing, financial services and community banking industries. He has held the position of Chief Financial Officer at several credit unions on Long Island. In addition, he’s held various senior level finance positions at American Express which included Director of an international reporting and analysis team responsible for 50 overseas markets, addressing local economic and currency fluctuation issues. Previous to American Express, he was the financial manager of a foreign joint venture of Loral Corporation, a global aerospace manufacturer. He is a CPA and holds an MBA in Finance from Hofstra University, and a BA from SUNY Stony Brook in Foreign Language and Business Administration. He also earned a Post Masters certificate at NYU Stern School of Business in Accounting with a focus on International Business. Professor Sabino lives on Long Island with his wife, son and daughter.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044