ISO 50001:2011 – Energy Management System
Click Here to see the schedule.
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
The EnMS standard applies to all factors affecting energy use that can be monitored and influenced by the organization. Based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act continual improvement framework, it incorporates energy management into everyday organizational practices. In fact, the standard emphasizes that successful implementation of energy-saving strategies requires commitment from all levels and functions of an organization, particularly from top management. The benefits of implementing ISO 50001 are clear:
- Reduced energy costs
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduction of other environmental impacts
- More efficient use of energy sources.
To help Long Island companies in the pursuit of the ISO 50001 standard, the Advanced Energy Training Institute is proud to announce our partnership with one of the top certification bodies in the world. UL DQS Inc. is a premier international management certification body offering energy management and certification.
Training Courses Include:
- Introduction to ISO 50001 - In this two-day live training session, participants explore the standard and its requirements, review concepts of energy uses and sources , and consider how ISO 50001 fits with the the Plan-Do-Check-Act model.
- Implementing ISO 50001 - This three day, instructor facilitated "how-to" course centers on implementing an EnMS consistent with the ISO 50001:2011 standard. The workshop offers 2.4 Continuing Education units and guides participants through hands-on sessions that apply aspects of the standard to their own facility. They will also take home tools, forms and worksheets to fast track their ability to execute an EnMS successfully.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044