Compressed Air Efficiency (This Seminar Has Been Cancelled and will be rescheduled in September)
A Savings and Reliability Workshop
Less than 20% of the input electrical power is converted to compressed air. Compressed air, sometimes referred to as the fourth utility, can sometimes be the largest energy consumer in your plant. Is your compressed air costing you a fortune?
Stony Brook University, in partnership with Scales Industrial Technologies, is dedicated to reducing energy consumption. This Compressed Air Efficiency workshop is designed to help make your company more profitable by getting smarter about compressed air systems.
The energy used in creating compressed air represents a major investment of resources for manufacturing and industrial enterprises. This Compressed Air Efficiency workshop will give you the tools to improve efficiency, increase reliability, and lower maintenance costs of your compressed air systems.
- Cost of operating a compressed air system and energy saving opportunities
- Types of compressors, compressed air treatment and operating characteristics
- Preventive and regular maintenance to reduce costs and improve reliability
- System troubleshooting and simple things you can do starting today
- How to conduct a compressed air system self-audit program
- Learn about how LIPA's Commercial Efficiency program can provide your company with rebates for energy efficiency measures.
- All environmental, energy and facility engineers and managers
- Air compressor system operators
- System and automation designers
- Maintenance supervisors
- Engineering managers
InstructorJohn Franceschina, Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) Representative
William Scales P.E., is an internationally recognized expert in compressed air systems. Over the last 40 years he has audited hundreds of compressed air systems throughout Asia, Australia, South America, and the United States, including Boeing, Ford, General Motors, IBM, John Deere, Mobil, Alcoa, Sunoco, and other Fortune 500 companies. Bill has written several publications and presents workshops for many national groups and organizations.
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • firstname.lastname@example.org