9:00 AM - 11:00 AM 6 2-hour days
Job Search Bootcamp
This program is being offered in response to the feedback from professionals who, despite getting help from well-intended individuals and organizations, are still having trouble turning job search efforts into results, namely interviews and offers. The Horseshoe Approach lets you ‘wrap your arms around’ the entire job search process without overwhelming you with details that could cause you to lose your focus.
The Job Search Boot Camp consists of 6 small group sessions with a Career Coach. The focus of those sessions will be on 8 steps of the Horseshoe Approach:
- HOW am I doing emotionally?
- WHO am I?
- WHAT kind of work do I want to do?
- WHERE and How will I find it?
- WHAT do employers want?
- WHO can help with my job search?
- WHAT skills will help?
- HOW did I do (last week)?
These questions are presented in the 'form' of a horseshoe. Although a horseshoe is a symbol of good luck and good luck is always welcome, our approach is not about getting lucky. Is is about understanding that job search is a process which requires times and effort to achieve desired results. As you will see, the first four topics listed above form the left side of the horseshoe where the focus is on you. Then the focus switches to others involved in your job search and the skills you will need to succeed, before returning to you.
In addition to the 6 sessions over 3 months, you will meet ,one on one, with a career coach.The career coach will also be available via phone and email.
Richard Gluck, R.C. Gluck LLC
Richard Gluck is a business person, career coach and trainer. As Managing Partner of R.C. Gluck Associates LLC, he provides a variety of services for both individuals and organizations, such as:
- Conducting Career Transition workshops for "displaced professionals," particularly those who attended a course offered by Stony Brook University’s Corporate Education and Training (CET) Dept.
- Providing coaching to individuals about job search strategies and tactics
- Delivering group instruction/training for corporate clients on: marketing tools and techniques, presentation skills, time management, understanding behavioral styles and supervisory skills
- Offering outplacement services to employers
Richard’s background includes corporate (domestic & international), military (enlisted & officer) and entrepreneurial experience.
He has written numerous booklets on job search topics and is in the process of publishing his first book: The Horseshoe Approach – A Highly Effective Job Search Process. This unique approach allows readers to wrap their arms around the job search process without overwhelming them with a lot of useless information.
Richard has been working with CET for five years and currently serves as Director – Career Transition Services.
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • firstname.lastname@example.org