8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Executive Breakfast Series
Human Resources Best Practices
This presentation will review the policies and language that should and should not be included in an employee handbook. Participants will learn the value of a well written handbook, why certain policies must be included, and how they should be implemented within the workplace.
Human Resources Professionals,CPAs and accounting professionals and/or small business owners who want to understand the laws and regulations that affect the workplace and how they impact their bottom line.
• Why an Employee Handbook is essential for all companies
• The benefits for employees and management to having a comprehensive handbook
• Key policies that will protect the company
• The policies to address State and Federal laws and regulations which must be included
• Common mistakes made in an employee handbook and how to avoid them
• How to disseminate the handbook (hard or soft copy)
• Updating your employee handbook and communicating changes to the staff
Mary Simmons, PHR, Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.
Mary Simmons is a Human Resources and Training Professional with over 25 years of experience helping businesses achieve success. She is currently the Director of HR Consultant for Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc., a Labor Relations and Human Resources consulting firm. As the Director of HR Consulting at PMP, Mary partners with companies to ensure they are compliant with workplace laws and regulations, while assisting them in managing their employees to achieve maximum productivity.
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • firstname.lastname@example.org