Click Here to see the schedule.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate course is a two-day program that provides an overview of the techniques of Six Sigma, its metrics, and basic improvement methodologies. Six Sigma Yellow Belt training provides an introduction to process management and the basic tools of Six Sigma, giving participants a stronger understanding of processes, enabling each individual to provide meaningful assistance in achieving the organization’s overall objectives. Trained Yellow Belts are capable of participating as a core team member or subject matter expert (SME) on Six Sigma projects.
Certified Yellow Belts improve their ability to make a positive contribution in the workplace and add a valuable credential to their list of professional achievements.
What you will learn:
Yellow Belts will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Six Sigma
- Gather data
- Participate in problem-solving exercises
- Add their personal experiences to the exploration process
Not only do Yellow Belts gain the skills necessary to identify, monitor and control profit-eating practices in their own processes, they are also prepared to feed that information to Black Belts and Green Belts working on larger system issues.
Who Should Attend:
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course is appropriate for all levels within an organization.
- What are Lean and Six Sigma?
- The Structure of Six Sigma (DMAIC process) and the Yellow Belt’s role
- Understanding and Developing the Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer (SIPOC) Diagram
- How to calculate the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Basic Statistics
- Lean Concepts
- Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping
- Cause and Effect (C&E)Matrix
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Prioritizing with Data (Pareto Chart)
- Standardized Work
- Error proofing (or Poka Yoke)
- Training Within Industry (TWI) overview
- Understanding the Control Plan
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • firstname.lastname@example.org