Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt TrainingFor additional information on this class, please contact us at email@example.com or call 631-216-7518
Click Here to see the schedule.
The Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training course is an 8 day training program in four 2-day modules; one module for each of the Six Sigma “road map” steps: Define - Measure – Analyze – Improve - Control. It is designed to provide both instruction and hands on training (“tacit” learning) as attendees are required to complete a project during the program. This Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training program is conducted “in house” and at least one week is allowed between modules for attendees to apply the MAIC skills acquired to their projects as the course progresses. Class exercises are also geared toward these projects. The 8 days of Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training can be applied toward the GBMP 16 day Six Sigma Black Belt training course so that Black Belt status can be achieved with an additional 8 days of training and completion of a Black Belt project!
After taking the Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training class attendees should be able to:
• Understand Six Sigma variation reduction methodology.
• Begin to apply the MAIC “road map” and spread the methodology to everyday work problems.
• Assist Black Belts in Six Sigma teams and team projects .
• Successfully complete “in the trenches” variation reduction projects of their own.
• Become a mentor to others in applying statistical analysis to continuous improvement programs in
their work environment.
Who should attend ?
This Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training 8 day course is appropriate for all levels and disciplines within the organization. It is especially relevant for technical employees in manufacturing environment but can also be affective for those in transactional and service capacities such as Material Control, IT, Finance, etc.
- Introduction to Six Sigma and program overview.
- Value Stream Mapping – (Finding & eliminating non-value added activity)
- Process Mapping – (Finding key input variables that drive customer satisfaction)
- Establishing Metrics – (“If you don’t measure it you won’t improve it !!”)
- Basic Statistics and Probability
- Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) – (Impact of “hidden factories”)
- Graphical data analysis
- Hypothesis testing – (t–tests for sample means)
- Measurement System Evaluations – (Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility)
- Problem solving techniques – (5 Why’s, C&E Matrix, FMEA & CEDAC)
- Analysis of Variance, intro to Correlation and Regression
- Introduction to Process Capability studies
- Introduction to Traditional Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts for Variables and Attributes
- Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Full factorial Design of Experiment
- Introduction to Control Plans and proper sampling techniques
- Project Review and Presentation Skills
- Combining “Lean” techniques and Six Sigma
For the Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Training, we have partnered with the regional leader in Continuous Improvement education and implementation, GBMP.
Green Belt to Black Belt requirements
- Complete 1 Green Belt Project
- Select 2nd Project at start of GB course
- Lead a team of Green Belts in training through this 2nd Project including Project Report, Presentation to Leadership, and signoff.
- Co-Teach Green Belt course (C&E, CEDAC, XPULT)
Trainer will provide additional Minitab training so that trainee can demonstrate separately the use of:
- Policy Deployment
- Data Import and Manipulation
- Regression Analysis
Six Sigma training requires the use of the statistical software tool Minitab. The number of licenses purchased is at the discretion of the host company, but at a minimum, each project team will require a license during this course.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044