- CAS Relocation Reimbursement Guidelines for New Hires
- Individual Faculty Fellowships Guidelines
- It is the responsibility of the department (i.e., Assistant to the Chair or another designated departmental person) to provide the new hire with the correct relocation reimbursement information. It’s important that the new hires are provided with the relevant information prior to their move. It’s also important for the department to work with the new hire to ensure that there is a clear understanding of what expenditures are reimbursable. Departments and new hires may obtain relocation reimbursement information on the procurement website.
- It is the responsibility of the department to initiate and keep track of the processing of the appropriate paperwork.
- The paperwork goes from the department to the Dean’s office to the Provost’s office to Procurement.
- The reimbursement limit for relocation expenditures (previously $3,000) has been removed; however, there is no reimbursement for household goods and personal effects in excess of 12,000 pounds. Expenses are still subject to the rules and guidelines as published by procurement.
- On average we find when everything is done correctly (for non over-the-limit reimbursements), it takes approximately four to six weeks after the paperwork is received by the Procurement office for a check to be disbursed.
A fellowship provides funds to an individual to support academic study or research. The recipient has no employer/employee relationship with the organization granting the funds, and no services can be required for the fellowship.
Guidelines may be found on the Provost's website.