College of Arts & Sciences Fund for Excellence
The College of Arts & Sciences Fund for Excellence provides essential discretionary financial support, giving the Dean the flexibility to respond to the College’s greatest needs and or to act quickly when opportunities arise. These funds are among the University’s most valuable resources because they provide the Dean with the necessary support to respond to the College’s most urgent unbudgeted needs and the ability to cultivate, sustain and further academic and research excellence on both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Stony Brook maintains its commitment to undergraduate education. As the largest academic unit, teaching 75 % of the University’s student body, the College seeks support to provide the best undergraduate educational experience for its students.
A gift of:
- $1,000 will provide funding to support undergraduate students at a leadership level.
- $25,000 will endow a named scholarship that will offer partial financial support to undergraduate students.
- $100,000 will endow a named scholarship that will offer full financial support to one undergraduate student annually.
For more information about supporting undergraduate education through the College of Arts & Sciences, please contact Jane MacArthur at 631-632-7644 or via email at email@example.com
Faculty and Graduate Education
As a tier one research institution, ranked #1 by the AAU for faculty citations, Stony Brook is known for its excellence in research, and the creation of knowledge and teaching. The College seeks private support to maintain and strengthen the research and teaching activities of the College’s faculty and graduate students and to recruit and retain the best faculty and graduate students.
A gift of:
- $1,000 will support faculty or graduate students at a leadership level.
- $25,000 will endow a named fund to support outstanding faculty or graduate students.
- $300,000 will endow a named fellowship, which will offer full financial support for the education and research of one graduate student annually.
- $750,000 will endow a named faculty professorship for a promising faculty member.
- $1.5 million will endow a named faculty chair to recruit or retain a distinguished faculty member.
For more information about supporting faculty and graduate education through the College of Arts & Sciences, please contact Jane MacArthur at 631-632-7644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org