DINING GOES GREEN
A Better Tomorrow
As a guest, it is easy to make smart environmental choices when you dine on campus at Stony Brook. From purchasing seasonal produce to reducing waste, Campus Dining is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional dining experience that is good for you and good for the planet.
Look for signs across campus promoting our efforts to create a greener Stony Brook University.
- Biodegradable cups and containers
- Unbleached napkins
- Farmers’ Markets during the school year
- Natural and organic snacks and beverages
- Trayless dining reduces waste and saves energy
- Composting at Roth Food Court
- Encourage recycling and educating about sustainability
- Trans-free oil re-used as biodiesel
- Recycling bins available in all dining locations
- Sustainable catering options
- Fair Trade Coffee