Introducing the Stony Brook University Saturday Executive MBA Program
A blended program of Saturday and online classes
48 credit program designed to be completed in just 22 months.
Saturday Executive MBA program brochure [PDF]
More than ever, organizations ranging from fortune 500 corporations to new start ups, from healthcare organizations to non-profits, are looking for leadership ability and strong business acumen in their management teams. The MBA is the degree of choice to obtain this knowledge and perfect leadership skills. For all career levels, it is a degree that can be both personally fulfilling and career changing. Stony Brook University recognizes the need for a program catered to busy working professional, who desire a rigorous, thought provoking curriculum. The College of Business is pleased to announce a unique, blended Saturday/Online Executive MBA Program option for executive level students.
Students in the Saturday Executive program will enjoy the ability to take two classes each semester on Saturdays as well as an online class. Online classes designated as part of this program will be offered to Saturday students first. Students in the program will be required to have at least five years of post-undergraduate work experience, so that the class environment will be a mature experience with meaningful business discussions contributed. This program is designed to be completed in 22 months, however if a student wishes to, they can spread their studies out to a longer period of time.
22 Month 48 Credit Saturday Executive MBA Program Schedule (subject to change)
Fall 2013 (14 week session from August to December)
MBA 501 Managerial Economics: 9:20 am to Noon
MBA 504 Financial Accounting: 1:00 to 3:40 pm
MBA 592 Organizational Behavior: Online
Winter 2014 (3 week session in January)
MBA 515 Comparative & International Management: Online
Spring 2014 (14 week session from January to May)
MBA 503 Data Analysis & Decision Making: 9:20 am to Noon
MBA 502 Finance: 1:00 to 3:40 pm
MBA 507 Ethics & Law: Online
Summer I 2014 (6 week session in June & July)
MBA 517 Information Systems for Managers: Online
Summer II 2014 (6 week session in July & August)
MBA 506 Leadership/Team Effectiveness: Online
Fall 2014 (14 week session from August to December)
MBA 505 Marketing: 9:20 am to Noon
MBA 511 Technological Innovations: 1:00 to 3:40 pm
MBA 570 Entrepreneurship: Online
Winter 2015 (3 week session in January)
MBA 512 Strategic Management: Online
Spring 2015 (14 week session from January to May)
MBA 522 Industry Project: 9:20 am to Noon
MBA 589 Operations Management: 1:00 to 3:40 pm
MBA 574 Project Management: Online
- Accelerated 22 month, 48 credit program
- Flexible blended format allows you to attend on Saturdays and online
- Exclusively for students with a minimum 5 years post undergraduate work experience
- Rigorous management/leadership curriculum prepares students for the next level of their careers
- Team based focus with attention given to real-world issues
- Personal attention from expert faculty
- High admissions standards mean students are studying with the best and brightest
- Cost-effective New York State tuition
- 4 page online application and personal statement
- Official GMAT scores
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- 3 credit calculus class
- 3 letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if non-native English speaker
- Applications for Fall 2013 are due June 15; for Summer 2013, March 15. International applicants must apply by March 15 for Fall.
Meet with an MBA Recruitment Professional
If you would like to make an appointment to meet with an MBA recruitment advisor, please call Marie McCallion at 631-632-7476. Saturday appointments are available.
MBA Fast Track Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, February 11 at 1:00 pm
- Thursday, February 19 at 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 25 at 1:00 pm
All info session to take place in Harriman 304. Please RSVP at http://goo.gl/forms/jSR30S4Pgn
to hold a spot to attend one of these events. Space is limited.
Center for Behavioral Finance launches website: The Center for Behavioral Finance at Stony Brook University brings together researchers from different disciplines to conduct research in behavioral finance. We aim at producing cutting-edge research in all fields of behavioral finance and (financial) decision making, mostly using experiments, publishable in top-tier journals in finance, judgment and decision making and psychology.