Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
The College of Business is pleased to provide scholarship opportunities to current students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Here you will find descriptions of each scholarship opportunity, award amounts, and the deadlines to apply. In addition to the specific criteria indicated for each scholarship, scholarship applicants must be current students in good standing with intentions to matriculate and enroll in classes during the upcoming semester.
To apply for one or more scholarship opportunities, please complete the College of Business Scholarship Application. You will need to submit an essay of no more than 500 words describing why you believe you are eligible. Please be sure to the review the criteria for the scholarship(s) you are applying for and include information relevant to each scholarship in your essay. At the beginning of your essay, please indicate how you meet the scholarship criteria. You should also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the email which scholarships you are applying for.
The recipient(s) are to be chosen as follows:
A. The Dean of the College of Business will consult with the College of Business Scholarship Committee to help determine the recipient or recipients of funding for a given academic year. If the Committee is not available for consultation for some reason, the Dean will consult with College of Business faculty members to help determine the recipient or recipients.
B. The recipient will be chosen by College of Business Scholarship Committee, which will include the Assistant Dean for Administration, the Graduate Coordinator, the Undergraduate Coordinator, and at least one faculty member, and which may include additional members appointed by the Dean.
C. Scholarship disbursements will be made annually in the spring and/or the fall semesters directly to the Bursar to credit to the recipient's student account.
Recipients may forfeit scholarships if they:
A. Do not enroll in the semester/academic year for which the support is in effect;
B. Fail to remain in good academic standing.
C. Are found guilty of academic dishonesty and/or violates the University Student Code of Conduct.
- W. Turner Founding Dean Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate Only.
- Frank G. and Sally R. Doelger Graduate Scholarship: $500. Graduate Only.
- College of Business Scholarship: $375. Graduate or Fast Track Only.
- Empire National Bank Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Robert Clark Scholarship: $750. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Comberiate Memorial Scholarship: $9,000. Undergraduate Only.
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Suffolk County Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Real Estate Institute Scholarships (2 available): $5,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Gold Coast Bank Scholarship for Banking Education: $1,500. Undergraduate Only.
- Long Island Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Thomas R. Sexton Award: $500. MBA Student Only.