Internet Log-on Instructions & IT Support
As a Brookhaven Residential Village resident, you full have full access to the wireless network. You will have to sign in with your NetID and Password starting End of September with the switch over to the SBU IT network.
Tips and Help:
You can also change the password by going into the settings of the email account. Your new password has to be at least 8 characters. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact: Dowling College help desk at 631-244-3445.
Dowling College IT Support
For any networking, phone, or cable related issues call:
Help Desk at 631-244-3445 -OR- Academic Computing Center at 631-244-3301
Stony Brook Student IT Guide
For any Stony Brook Service support issues, call:
Client Support at 631-632-9800 -OR- Teaching Learning Technology at 631-632-9602
Computer Lab Hours:
TBD. Computer Lab is being set up. Please check later for more information. A Print from Anywhere Station is available in the Conference Room. Use your persona card to gain access anytime of the day.
Internet Connection Tips and Common Problems:
1. After one hour of inactivity or a six-hour session, your connection will timeout and you must log in again.
2. Expired virus protection – Uninstall or renew old virus protection.
3. Malware – Go to computer with an internet connection – download Free Version of Malwarebytes and save to thumb drive -- run on computer without connection.
4. Computer setting issue (1) –Fix is for both wired/ wireless cards and for most operating systems. --Go to Start –Control panel – Network Connections – right click on Local Area Connection -- Properties –Scroll down and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) – then go to properties. Obtain an IP address automatically should be selected and – Obtain DNS server address automatically should also be selected.
5. Computer setting Issue (2) –For both wired and wireless cards and for most operating systems. Go to Start – then Control panel – Choose Network and Sharing Center --then on the left click change adapter settings –right click on Local Area Connection then choose properties –make sure Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) is checked and Internet Protocol Version 6 is unchecked.
Contact the Help Desk if you still have issues connecting to the Internet at 631-244-3445.