How to Buy Your Spring 2018 Textbooks
It’s time to order your textbooks online through Stony Brook University’s customized Amazon portal stonybrooku.amazon.com. This convenient online experience offers you more opportunities to save on the overall costs of new, used, digital and rental textbooks and course materials.
Select the Amazon@StonyBrook pickup location to safely pick up your items in the lower level of the Melville Library and receive Free One-Day Pickup on textbooks and course materials sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Here is a quick step-by-step guide to purchasing your course materials:
- Go to stonybrooku.amazon.com and create an Amazon account if you don’t already have one.
- View Your Course Materials: Access your syllabi on Blackboard and/or view your textbooks on SOLAR under the "textbook" section.
- Find and Buy Your Course Materials: simply copy and paste the book titles or ISBN number from your syllabi into the search bar on stonybrooku.amazon.com and add to your cart.
Ship Your Items: purchase your course materials and have them shipped to your preferred location
(home, Amazon@StonyBrook campus pick up location or residence hall).
- If shipping to the Amazon@StonyBrook on campus pick up location, you must be available to pick up your package within 15 days of delivery.
- You may ship to your residence hall; however, you need to allow additional time for delivery, so the SBU Central Receiving Mailroom can process and distribute your package.
- Prime and Student Prime members can receive Free One-Day Pickup on many eligible items needed for back to school.
- Get a Sales Tax Refund: To request a sales tax refund on your textbooks, place your order and wait for your shipment confirmation. Once your order ships, fill out a Textbook Exemption Certificate form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Student Association