The Stony Brook Curriculum (SBC) Requirement
The following groups of students will complete the general education requirements as defined by the Stony Brook Curriculum, commonly referred to as SBC.
- Freshmen who matriculate in the Fall of 2014 or later
- Transfer students who matriculate in the Spring of 2015 or later
- Students who matriculate in the School of Nursing Fall 2015 or later
- Students who matriculate in the School of Social Welfare Fall 2015 or later
- Students who matriculate in the Athletic Training major, Respiratory Care major, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences major in the Summer of 2016 or later
- All students matriculating at SUNY Korea
- Students who rematriculate in the Fall of 2014 or later
Students who are not in the above groups will complete the D.E.C. D.E.C. requirements for each student are published in the bulletin that was current as of matriculation (or rematriculation).
Some SBC requirements will be fulfilled by the Biology major core courses. To see the overlap between Biology major courses and the Stony Brook Curriculum, see the Major Course Planning Guide.