Fall 2012 Issue #4, October 8 - 21
Welcome to the “Please be Advised” email newsletter. This bi-weekly e-mail will keep you apprised of academic advising-related matters, including deadlines and special events. Your success matters to us! Go Seawolves!
1. Is Your Major Recorded Accurately On Your Transcript?
2. Want To Track Your Major On Your Degree Audit?
3. Academic & Transfer Advising Services' New Facebook Page
4. Study Skills Workshop
5. The New GPNC Grading Option
6. Pre-Health Information
7. Pre-Law Information
8. Academic Advising Offices
9. Word of the Week
Friday, October 26 @ 4 p.m.
- Last day to process a Section Change or Credit Change for an enrolled course. Section change/Credit change form with appropriate signatures required for processing.
- Last day to change a class to or from the Grade/Pass/No Credit (GPNC) option. Students are allowed to elect the GPNC option for only one course per semester.***View Video Tutorial Below.***
- Last day to drop a course. (“W” will be recorded). Full-time students must remain full-time with a minimum of twelve (12.0) credits.
***For more information about the Fall 2012 deadlines, please visit: http://www.stonybrook.edu/registrar/calendar-academic.shtml .
Come check it out and Like us @ www.facebook.com/aadvising
TOPIC: STUDY STRATEGIES Part 1: Memory. Wednesday, October 17 at 4 p.m. SAC 304Do you need help figuring out the best way you learn and study? Do you need help with time management skills or notetaking skills? Attend our Study Skills Workshop Series presented by Academic & Transfer Advising Services!
The P/NC grading option has been revised effective this Fall 2012. Please watch the following video tutorial to learn about the new GPNC option. Please remember the deadline to elect the GPNC option for Fall 2012 is October 26 at 4 p.m.
6. PRE-HEALTH INFORMATION @ www.stonybrook.edu/healthed
7. PRE-LAW INFORMATION @ www.stonybrook.edu/prelaw
LSAC New York Law Forum
Friday, October 12, 2012
10:00 am–5:00 pm
Saturday, October 13
9:00 am–4:00 pm
Location: Hilton New York
1335 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
8. ACADEMIC ADVISING OFFICES
Several offices provide general and major/minor-related academic advising to specific cohorts of undergraduates. To see where you go for academic advising, visit http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/academichelp.shtml .
Caprice \kuh-PREES\, noun:1. A sudden, unpredictable change, as of one's mind or the weather.