***IMPORTANT - This is a summary view of the Registrar's Academic Calendar. It has been edited for content and is subject to change. It is strongly advised to view the complete Academic Calendar for more in-depth details about these dates & deadlines.*** http://www.stonybrook.edu/registrar/calendar-academic.shtml
Important Academic Dates & Deadlines for Spring 2013
Credit limit will be raised to 19 credits for all students.
Last day students can drop all courses via Solar.
First Day of Classes.
Credit limit will be raised to 23 credits for all students with a C.G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher, and no “I”, “R”, “NR”, “Q” or missing grades. ($20 fee will be automatically billed to students’ accounts for students who enroll in more than 19 credits). Credit limit will remain at 19 credits for all other students not meeting the above criteria.
Feb. 3 (Actual date Friday, Feb. 1) (Strongly recommended to view the Academic Calendar.)
Last day to drop a class or withdraw from the university without tuition liability.
Feb. 8 @ 4 PM (Strongly recommended to view the Academic Calendar.)
- Last day to add classes and/or process a swap. Tuition liability may apply if student reduces credit load.
- Last day to drop or withdraw from the university without a “W” (withdraw) recorded on student record. Student is liable to pay pro-rated tuition and all fees.
- Last day to change status to or from full-time or part-time status.
- Last day for Spring (May) or Summer (August) degree candidates to apply for graduation. Only Seniors (U4) who have at least 108 credits (completed and posted to the record + in progress) with a declared major will be eligible to apply. (Watch the Video Tutorial: How to Apply For Graduation!)
Apr. 5 @ 4PM (Strongly recommended to view the Academic Calendar.)
- Last day for all students to process a Section Change or Credit Change for an existing enrolled course.
- Last day to change a class to or from the Grade/Pass/No Credit (G/P/NC) option.
- Last day to withdraw from a course. (“W” will be recorded). Full-time students must remain full-time with a minimum of twelve (12.0) credits.
Advance registration tentatively set to begin for Summer & Fall 2013.
Watch the Video Tutorials:
How to Find Your Enrollment Appointment Time
How to Search By D.E.C. Catagory
How to Use My Planner
How to Change Your Preferred Name for Class & Final Roster
Searching For Classes on the Registrar's Website
Watch the PBA Show:
What You Need to Graduate From SBU
Is it Too Late To Change Your Major or Add a Minor?
Advising Center Services
How to Prepare for Registration Season
Academic Advising Day - 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Come speak with your academic advisor under the Big Top Tent on the Academic Mall outside the Melville Library. Great information, good advice, and free popcorn for all!
***For more information about the Fall 2012 deadlines, please visit: http://www.stonybrook.edu/registrar/calendar-academic.shtml .