Search SB
Stony Brook University Stony Brook University home page advising header

The Academic and Transfer Advising Services Office wants your transition to Stony Brook to be an easy one.

The Academic and Transfer Advising Services Office is where you'll find the answers to all your academic questions and concerns throughout your first year. Advisors are available to help students plan their academic programs to ensure a smooth transition to Stony Brook. Advisors will evaluate your transfer credits for general education requirements, facilitate the evaluation of your transfer credits for major and upper-division requirements, and enter your transfer credits on your Stony Brook transcript.

To transfer your credits to Stony Brook:

  • Transfer applicants and new transfer students must send final official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to:  Stony Brook University; UG Processing; 279 Broadway; Albany, NY 12204-2755; USA.  Note:  If you have earned an associate's degree, be sure it's posted on the transcript.   

  • Continuing students must send final transcripts from any college or university attended after matriculation at Stony Brook to:  Academic and Transfer Advising Services; E-2360 Melville Library;  Stony Brook, NY 11794-3353.

To receive credit for AP courses taken in high school, you must have your AP scores sent to the university electronically. Please call AP Services at (609) 771-7300.  Stony Brook's school code is 2548.


Students who attended Farmingdale College, Fashion Institute of Technology, Nassau Community College, Queens College, Queensborough Community College, Rockland Community College or Suffolk County Community College will have their transfer credits articulated and posted to their Stony Brook record.  

Students who did not attend one of the schools listed above will have transfer credits posted by November 1 (fall admit) and March 15 (spring admit).  All credits will be posted in time for class registration for the upcoming  semester.

Login to Edit