Our brilliant faculty are the lifeblood of our University. As teachers, researchers
and mentors, they bring their unique perspective and collaborative spirit to the classroom,
the lab and the campus community.The quality of our faculty also bolsters the institution’s
reputation, attracting the very best students and research dollars to campus.
The most important tool we have for recruiting and retaining top talent is to offer endowed professorships and chairs, considered one of the highest career distinctions bestowed upon university faculty. Aside from the recognition and reward for the advances they’ve made in their respective fields, an endowed position provides these leading minds with the salary, benefits and vital research expenses to support their life’s work.
Creating an Endowed Faculty Position
An investiture ceremony celebrates the appointment of the endowed faculty member to their position and honors the generous donor who made it possible. The ceremonies are an opportunity to bring the campus community together to recognize the incumbent’s achievements and the donor's generosity.
News and Features: Investing in the World's Brightest Minds
• Trauma Medicine Doctor Named as Inaugural Endowed Professor
• Latha Chandran Elected to National Board of Medical Examiners
• Latha Chandran Named Inaugural Miriam and David Donoho Distinguished Teaching Professor
• Transforming How Children Get and Stay Well
• Creating a Sustainable Earth: Batteries Included
• Internationally Renowned Physicist Appointed as Chen Ning Yang-Wei Deng Endowed Chair in Physics and Astronomy
ENDOWED POSITIONS PENDING APPOINTMENT
Ambassador Charles A. Gargano Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine