The President’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Advisory Committee is committed to help make Stony Brook University a more inclusive campus that is free of discrimination, barriers and bias towards individuals with disabilities. The committee will: a) provide feedback and recommendations related to the ADA and physical accessibility; & b) assess, educate and promote awareness in the SBU community on issues of inclusion, equal opportunity and accessibility.
- Recommend physical infrastructure projects and campus enhancements.
- Identify and implement opportunities for increasing disability awareness and educating our campus community.
- Serve as ambassadors who promote awareness around the ADA and on-campus resources.
- Serve as a sounding board to the ADA Coordinator and Office of Administration, and provide counsel upon request.
- Present findings, accomplishments, and recommendations to the President by submitting an annual report no later than June 30 .
Updated February 2017