Surface and interface properties of polymer thin films, nanocomposite materials, phase segregation in polymer blends, polymer dynamics in confined geometries, wetting in multilayer polymer films, fracture toughness of polymer interfaces, polymer adhesion, nanopatterning using polymer self assembly, nanotribiology of polymer film surfaces, nanopatterning with magnetic impregnates in glass. Experimental specialization: SIMS, X-ray and Neutron Reflection, Lateral, magnetic and atomic force microcopy TEM, RBS, and Mossbauer Spectroscopy.
- Co- Director NSF Materials Research Science & Engineering Center: Polymers at Engineered Interfaces
- SUNY Chancellors Award for Research in Science, Engineering, and Medicine
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- Siemens Foundation Recognition Award as Outstanding Mentor for the Westinghouse, Competition in Math, Science, and Technology
- PhD, Nuclear Physics, 1981, SUNY Stony Brook, USA.
- BS, Physics and Biology, 1975, Brooklyn College, USA.
- Distinguished Professor, 2007-present, SUNY at Stony Brook.
- Professor, 1992-2007. SUNY at Stony Brook.
- Lady Davis Visitor, 2006-2007, Hebrew University.
- Professor, 1992-94,Queens College.
- Associate Professor, 1988-92, Queens College.
- Guest Scientist, 1987-Present, Brookhaven National Lab.
- Senior Scientist, 1985-88,Weizmann Institute.
- Research Associate, 1984-85,Weizmann Institute.
- Visiting Assistant Physicist, 1982-84,Brookhaven National Lab.
- Research Associate, 1980-82, SUNY at Stony Brook.