Home > Intern/Work/Volunteer With Us
Intern/Work/Volunteer With Us
Enjoy working and playing with young children? Know someone else who does? Join the team at Stony Brook Child Care Services!
Opportunities to work with young children include:
- Undergraduate Interns
- Teacher Aides
- Full-Time Teachers
- Enroll in PSY 488 Internship
- Work closely with the teachers in a classroom and attend 1 hour weekly training session.
- Select either Infant / Toddler or Preschool Development and Education
- Work alongside our professional teaching staff in a facility designed and equipped for very young children.
- Volunteer for as few as 3 hours a week.
- Work with either infants and toddlers or preschoolers.
- Assist teachers with child care responsibilities in groups of preschoolers or infant/toddlers.
- Assist the teachers during activities and projects, including outdoor play times, meal times, rest times and teaching self help skills.
- Flexible work schedules; center is open from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Federal Work Study eligibility is a plus!
- For details on job requirements and responsibilities and how to apply for this part-time position, look on the ZebraNet.
Undergraduate Interns should contact the child care center, (631) 632-6930, to speak to the instructor regarding registration. Volunteers & Teacher Aides will also need to download, print, and complete the Stony Brook Child Care Support Staff Application Form , which you can also pick up from the center. Mail the completed application to:
Stony Brook Child Care Services
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4000
Interested in a career working with young children?
Depending on the position, requirements include either an Associates or a Bachelor's degree as well as 1-3 years of teaching experience. To find more information about current available fulltime professional positions for Early Childhood Specialists, and what the specific requirements are, click here.
For more information either stop by the center, Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM year round; or contact us.
- All employees and volunteers working at the center must complete: a medical clearance (including turberculin test), fingerprinting, background check and three written reference forms.
- Employees and volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.