Robert Noyce Scholarship Supplement
Recipients must meet the following criteria:
- previously awarded Noyce funding
- be teaching in, or have a teaching position secured for September 2009 in a high-needs school district
- one essay detailing reasons for applying for the award (typed, one page)
- two letters of recommendation
- interview of selected applicants
All applicants will be invited for an interview. The interview will require the candidate to:
- give a short educational seminar
- detail an action research plan for the two years of the award
My signature below indicates my understanding that, if I am a Noyce Scholarship recipient:
- I am obligated to teach in a high-needs district for total of at least four years.
- Stony Brook University has my permission to track my progress through licensure and employment using my social security number.
- I will maintain regular contact (i.e. at least monthly) with the SB Science or mathematics education program. Attendance at a number of methods classes will be required over the course of the award period.
- I will act as a cooperating teacher for pre-service science or mathematics education student field experiences.
- I will engage in action research projects in the high needs school and attend the Noyce summer workshop each year.
- I will attend conferences and make presentations and/or write articles for publication.
- I will sign a promissory note stating my intention to uphold these commitments or repay the funds received through this scholarship program.
Center for Science and Mathematics Education
094 Life Sciences Building
June 1: Deadline extended for application for Ph.D. in Science Education Program