- The Bursar/Student Accounts' mission is to accurately administer, bill and collect student accounts and disburse financial aid to support the educational and customer service mission of the University.
- We will provide exceptional service that will exceed our customers' expectations by maximizing all available resources. Knowledgeable staff will provide these services in a professional,courteous manner balanced with appropriate internal controls. Our goal is to provide automated services allowing business to be conducted 24/7. We will be viewed as partners - working in association with other University offices.
- The Bursar's Office handles all payments made to the University, disburses refund checks, and issues parking permits. The Student Accounts Office, otherwise known as Student Billing and Collections, provides assistance concerning student billing and account questions. We are located in the lobby on the second floor of the Administration Building (see our business hours).
- WE'VE GONE GREEN!
Your billing statement will be available on SOLAR. No paper billing statements will be printed or mailed.
- You will receive an e-mail notification regarding payment due dates and a link to SOLAR
- You will be able to view your billing statement by logging into SOLAR, navigating to the Campus Financial Services menu, and clicking on the link for the "Account Summary / What Do I Owe?" page
- You will be able to pay online with a credit card or e-check and enroll in the Time Option Payment Plan
- Thanks for being a part of this effort to protect, conserve and improve our environment. For additional information regarding our GreenBill program, please visit us at http://www.stonybrook.edu/bursar/green/
- Direct Deposit of Student Refunds Now Available
- The Bursar's Office has a convenient program for processing student refunds. Through direct deposit, we will deposit any student refund into the financial institution of your choice. Electronic deposits are secure, fast and convenient and you can avoid waiting to receive your refund check at the counter or in the mail.
- Enrollment is done via the SOLAR system. To enroll, log into SOLAR > Campus Financial Services > Account Information/Payment > Direct Deposit > Add Account > Complete the Panel > Save.
- At any point during the term you may edit or delete this direct deposit refund option. Refund checks are printed bi-weekly. Refunds through direct deposit are processed daily.
- Fall and Spring Billing
- Billing information is available in Solar to all registered students beginning July 15th for the fall semesters and December 15th for the spring semesters. Subsequent statements are available on the 15th of each month until the studentís account balance is zero. Late fees up to $50.00 per month are assessed on any unpaid balances.
- Unpaid Balances
- All Fall semester charges are due in full. You can always check your student account in SOLAR under "CAMPUS FINANCIAL SERVICES - ACCOUNT INFORMATION/PAYMENT - ACCOUNT SUMMARY/WHAT DO I OWE?" for the balance due. Students with an outstanding balance on their account are not eligible to participate in pre-registration, advance room selection, receive a degree, certificate of completion or transcript, or add any courses, until all charges due to the University or any of its related divisions are paid in full. Delinquent accounts may be transferred to private collection agencies and/or the New York State Attorney General's Office for collection, and are subject to additional interest and/or collection charges.