- Describe those techniques utilized in the laboratory, including in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer, cryopreservation of embryos, intracytoplasmic sperm injection, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
- Discuss the ethical issues associated with these techniques, including the creation of high order multiple pregnancies, and its risks.
- When is a new procedure (technique) no longer considered "experimental" (requiring IRB approval and supervision) and becomes standard practice in medicine?
- What are the known risks of freezing unfertilized eggs?
- What is your view of egg banking? In what way is it comparable to semen banking? What way different?
- Would you consider freezing your own or your partner's unfertilized eggs, for future use? What are the pros and cons?
- These eggs need to be fertilized by intra-cytoplasmic injection (ICSI). Does that influence your decision?
Faculty: Richard Bronson