Welcome, School of Nursing Alums!
Dear School of Nursing Grads,
Welcome to the Stony Brook School of Nursing Alumni webpage. This page was created to keep you up to date on all the news and activities of the School and our alumni. We continue to work hard on building strong and lasting relationships with our existing and future alums by providing support for our current students and advancing the interests of our alumni. The School of Nursing Alumni board continue to find ways to engage our alumni and support the students. We have:
- Continued to expand and strengthen our bi-annual event for students that first addresses stress and relaxation and then transitioning from the role of the student to the role of a professional nurse.
- Developed a mentoring program to support new graduates as they navigate the demanding role of practicing as a professional nurse.
- Proudly presented a biannual School of Nursing Alumni e-Newsletter which address topics of interest for both students and the alumni.
- Collaborated with the Department of Continuing Education to present an educational opportunities to earn continuing education credits.
- And we join you at your local, state and national conferences for alumni socials
You can get connected in one of the following ways:
- Keeping us updated on you and your classmates — news about your career, life events and any other information you would like to share with your fellow alumni
- Joining us at one of our upcoming events
- Participating in our School of Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program
- Becoming a Board Member or Committee Member
- Considering a gift to support The School of Nursing Fund for Excellence
The SON Alumni Board is a dynamic group of colleagues who are smart, creative and fun. Join us as good things are happening at your Stony Brook School of Nursing and for you.
Adriann Combs, BS '13 DNP ‘17
President, School of Nursing Alumni board.
Outstanding Alumni Recipient
2016 School of Nursing Award Recipient
Colleen Walsh-Irwin, DNP '92, '95, '14 will receive the School of Nursing Distinguished Alumnus Award on Friday, March 24, 2017 at the Hamlet Golf & Country Club in Commack, NY. In celebration of her award, there will be an all day symposium on "Nursing's Influence on Healthcare: Using Technology to Enhance Outcomes."View Story
School of Nursing Alumni Board
Adriann Combs, BS '13
Emily Cheng, BSN '15
Tracy Dourdounas MS '09
Antoinette (Tonie) Forster, MS '99, DNP '09
SBU Campus Representative
Patricia B. Jacobowitz, BS '79, MS '86, DNP '09
Jeanne Martin MS '96, DNP '16
Charlie Davis, BS '14
Debra Grimm, BS '04
Samara Kravitz, BS '15
Gene Mundie, MS '01
Smitha Mary Thotam, MS '11, ANP
Dr. Lee Xippolitos, BS '81, MS '85
Dean, School of Nursing
School of Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program
Members of the School of Nursing Alumni Board will mentor Stony Brook School of Nursing recent graduates (graduates of the last five years) as part of the School of Nursing Alumni Mentoring Program. The volunteer alumni mentors are 'assigned' a mentee, who has been selected for the program, in order to provide meaningful support, increase the grad's knowledge of the occupation and ease their transition from nursing school to career.
Are you an alum who is interested in volunteering? Are you a student who wants to connect with an alumni volunteer?
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Hoffmann at 631-632-4995 or email@example.com.
Academic and Clinical Success
You can play a part in shaping the academic and clinical success of the next generation of Registered & Advanced Practice Nurses.
Want to volunteer to plan your own class reunion?Volunteer
Explore All Chapters & Groups
- New England - Boston Alumni Chapter
- NYC Alumni Chapter
- New Jersey Alumni Chapter
- Northern California Alumni Chapter
- Washington, DC Alumni Chapter
- School of Professional Development
- College of Business
- Black & Latino Alumni Network
- The Founders Alumni Group
- LGBTQ Alumni Group
- Student Ambassador Alumni Network
- Public Policy Alumni Network
- School of Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Social Welfare
- School of Nursing